CHECKLIST FOR YOUR MOVE
Here is a Check List for your move to help make the move easier.
Schedule to disconnect or transfer all utilities:
– Trash Service
– Forward mail to your new address. You can do this at Canada Post or online.
Change your address with:
– Insurance Companies
– Revenue Canada
– Banks and Financial Institutions
– Credit Card Companies
– Subscriptions (magazines, book clubs, newspaper etc)
– Doctors, Veterinarians, Dentists, Pharmacies
– Friends and Family (only if you want to let them know you moved! LOL)
– Change driver’s license address and vehicle registration address at Drivers License Office
– Transfer child school records
– Register/change voter’s registration address
And don’t forget:
– Charcoal Grills – dispose of charcoal
– Propane Tanks cannot be transported (Turn your tank in and get a new one at destination.
– Disconnect icemakers and gas appliances prior to moving
– Drain gas from all motorized products (lawnmowers and other machinery)
– Bundle rakes and shovels for travel
– Any article affixed to your property must be removed prior to move. For example: pictures, shelving, plumbing, electrical fixtures, mirrors, carpet, drapery fixtures and rods.
– Inform moving personnel, prior to moving, of any items that may require special disassembly and reassembly. For example: waterbeds, swing sets, grandfather clocks, hot tubs, pool tables, and pianos.